Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Late Holiday Deco

I did a lot of wrapping and gift-making during Christmas week, so I didn't get as much "fun" crafting in as I would've otherwise. However, I did find five minutes to make a Colorado ornament from the map that my parents sent me.

Easy as pie. Cut small part of map into varying width 6" strips (or so, doesn't really matter). Curl around a pencil, shove in ornament. Colorado around Denver made an especially nice ornament because of the population and elevation changes so close together. Delaware would probably make a, comparatively, boring ornament.



I also threw together a star for the top of our tree. Probably took 20 minutes. With more planning I could've made it with a uniform paper and lights... but I'm try to save myself some money in the wake of the holiday season.


No comments:

Post a Comment