Saturday, April 21, 2012

More Outdoor Work

Last weekend focused on plant removal. This weekend we focused on plant installation (and a little bit on plant removal).

2.5 gallon pot azaleas were 4/$10, so I picked up 9 of them this morning. I could've gotten the bigger ones that are in bloom, but I'm not on yard crashers and don't have a reveal in the next twelve hours, so I sure as heck wasn't paying $12-$19 per plant. They'll grow. They're plants.

Before


During

Jeremy dug the holes for the plants and I put them in. He was doing the digging because I was ready to give up because the first (and only) hole I dug had a root the size and strength of a human bone running through it. We had to get the saw out.






One of the problems with removing the bushes (other than the stumps, which we're removing, but I don't care to write about) is the algae on the side of the house. We could rent a powerwasher, but that would require money and another trip to Lowes. I looked it up online and it said I could try bleach and water. I think there's a marked improvement. Now it just looks like general dirt, not so patchy.





I also tried this technique on our dirty mailbox and it worked swimmingly. I also repaired the rusting front with aluminum tape.



Before


After



Hey. No judgment. It was much dirtier than that--especially on this side.

No comments:

Post a Comment