Sunday, October 2, 2011

Not really a house project... sorry?

Not much work has been getting done on the house lately--just general maintenance etc... We've been pretty busy for the past two weekends with birthdays, homecomings, travel, you know. We did go to a baby shower for my future tiny niece. I had a bout of no posts back near Labor Day because I couldn't share the fruits of my labor. My sister is now in possession of the quilt, so here's how it turned out!




 


I haven't made a quilt before, so I thought I'd give it a try. I saw a similar wall hanging on Etsy like 6 months ago. I think it turned out pretty well. It's supposed to be a little rugged and asymmetrical so baby has lots of textures to touch. I was kind of surprised that I didn't really screw it up. Usually when I try a new skill I pick out something that's way beyond my skill level.

Hopefully we'll be getting to some housework later this week and I'll have some nice posts for you guys :-)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the quilt! Very nice work, especially since you've never made a quilt. I want to try quilting, but I should finish some more knitting projects first.

    ReplyDelete