Saturday, October 15, 2011

Productive Day of Productivity

Someone figured out how to open the bedroom door this morning, so they let themselves in and woke me up for breakfast at 8.30. I resisted and didn't get up until 9. It was work from there on out.

 I cleaned and swept the living room first.

Then I cleaned the kitchen.






Yeah man, I know, outta control right?

I started by washing the windows inside and out. I don't know if you can tell that they're super dirty, but I assure you, they are.





Then I decided that the butcher-block island needed some love.


So I sanded it (took two pieces of sandpaper). An  belt sander probably would have worked wonders... but I was not financially or emotionally committed to that big of a project.

Post Sanding:



Then I oiled it with olive oil and lemon juice. The visual difference was really impressive, but the camera couldn't capture it. If you look closely you can see the line where the oil is/not across the equator of the picture. Really, the biggest difference was how smooth and non-sticky the counter was as compared to before.


Here's what my clean kitchen looked like in the end.






And please don't bother being impressed by how nice the countertop looks now, because that candle wick burned down to the bottom, exploded the glass, and leaked wax all over my morning's work. Whatever, it's fine. Look at the progress that I made with the leaves on the deck out back--now that's a permanent fix. I'm sure the trees will drop no more leaves for the rest of the fall.



 Large spider I found in the wheelbarrow I moved leaves with. Good thing I'm not afraid of spiders... He's dead anyways.

By the time I finish this it's...


and Jeremy's not even awake yet :-p.

This afternoon I cleaned the bathrooms and caulked along the countertops. What else can I get done tonight? We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahah love this entire post. except the dead spider. why'd you have to post that? on the other hand, I now see that you guys have a fooozball table. yay!

    ReplyDelete