Thursday, October 20, 2011

Seeing Red (well, pink)

As you know we got new panel curtains for the window a week or two ago.




I decided that it was about time to dye those sheers to be the curtains that would go around the edges of the panels.

Artist's Rendering:



So I got to work with my panels and Rit dye.







I followed the instructions carefully, mixed the dye. It says that it works best on cotton and doesn't work on 100% polyester. I checked the curtains tags to makes sure they'd work, but there weren't any tags. I decided to take the risk.

After three boxes of dye, this is what my sheers look like:



... I think they are polyester. They're definitely pink.

Oh well, projects can't always work perfectly.

I did my best to keep things clean, but I knew I still would have to clean the dye out the washer. I put in some "extra" detergent into the he machine and ran it with nothing in it. As I write the washer keeps beeping because it's having trouble turning the drum due to the number of bubbles. No, seriously, the whole machine is completely filled with bubbles. I tried to take a picture. I'm very afraid for later.





I hope this issue resolves itself before Jeremy gets home. I do not want to explain why Mr. Bubble and all of his light pink cousins have moved into our basement.


No comments:

Post a Comment