Monday, October 31, 2011


Oh. I forgot. The other kitty cats made this background for Pebble's arrival.

Extra-wide to accommodate Jeremy's computer screen.

Aren't they just the sweetest things?

Friday, October 28, 2011

She's finally here!

We finally (after 3 weeks of waiting) got our new kitty! She had ringworm, so we couldn't go get her. She's been treated now. Unfortunately her eyes are still a bit red and goopy from an upper respiratory thing. We've got to give her meds twice a day until it clears up. They won't look like that forever. They'll be their pretty blue selves then. We didn't want to keep her at the shelter and risk letting her get something else. We don't know what we're going to name her yet... so I took pictures instead.

Pretty Kitty!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

We're On A Boat!

And that's why SMCM rocks (quite literally for those 250 underclassmen).

Friday, October 21, 2011

Brought to you by Roy G. Biv

"Are you going to post pictures of this so your curtain fail isn't the first post on the blog anymore?" -Jeremy

Thanks husband.

Well, this project went significantly better.

Started out by taking a box of 64 crayons, breaking them in half, and peeling the paper. Jeremy actually peeled the paper off, which sped up my process significantly. Then I used Elmer's glue to attach it to the canvas.

After the glue had time to dry I heated up the crayons with a hairdryer and voila! 30 minutes later I have an excellent piece of art for the hall.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Seeing Red (well, pink)

As you know we got new panel curtains for the window a week or two ago.

I decided that it was about time to dye those sheers to be the curtains that would go around the edges of the panels.

Artist's Rendering:

So I got to work with my panels and Rit dye.

I followed the instructions carefully, mixed the dye. It says that it works best on cotton and doesn't work on 100% polyester. I checked the curtains tags to makes sure they'd work, but there weren't any tags. I decided to take the risk.

After three boxes of dye, this is what my sheers look like:

... I think they are polyester. They're definitely pink.

Oh well, projects can't always work perfectly.

I did my best to keep things clean, but I knew I still would have to clean the dye out the washer. I put in some "extra" detergent into the he machine and ran it with nothing in it. As I write the washer keeps beeping because it's having trouble turning the drum due to the number of bubbles. No, seriously, the whole machine is completely filled with bubbles. I tried to take a picture. I'm very afraid for later.

I hope this issue resolves itself before Jeremy gets home. I do not want to explain why Mr. Bubble and all of his light pink cousins have moved into our basement.