Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday Monday

Monday morning wasn't looking good concerning my productivity. I was tempted to snuggle on the couch and watch Hoarders all afternoon.

Me kicking back before spending 45 minutes on Pinterest. Yeah, my students got me those sweet socks. By the end of the day my giant feet punched a hole through the toe.


Fortunately lunchtime kicked me into gear as I realized that kitchen needed cleaning. Note the cat print mysteriously on the INSIDE of the Crockpot lid. I washed it, obviously.


After that I ran some much-needed errands. The post office took 30 minutes, despite their obvious efficiency. I think that post office just serves too large of a population. They took mercy on my clueless self and helped me figure out what I needed to get my present shipped.

When I got home I started working on the tree skirt. I bought the fabric, so I HAVE to make it.

It all started with some math to figure out the size of each triangle. Yeah, I used sine (15 degrees) successfully, what of it? Thanks 12th grade Trig/Stat/Func.


Then I made a pattern for the triangles out of wrapping paper. We were out of the more often used tissue paper... WHATEVER. TIS THE SEASON.


Then I cut out twelve perfectly even triangles and sewed them together, face to face.





After another hour and half of pinning, smoothing, and unpinning, I had the batting between the layers. Tomorrow I'll hopefully be quilting and binding!




5 comments:

  1. A) Those are some bangin rainbow fluffy socks.

    B) Best. Christmas Tree. Skirt. Ever.

    B1) Best Christmas Tree Skirt Pattern Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it because the tree skirt is mostly Maryland colors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Do you have a sewing machine or just hand stitch it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I have a machine. I probably wouldn't have undertaken this endeavor if not b/c it's a very time consuming process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maryland colors and music notes. You're just missing the Yellow/Gold.

    ReplyDelete