Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Little Craft Projects

I've had some little craft projects here and there.

Frame Fix.

I have this adorable picture of my whole family from when I was little. When my parents moved they had an extra framed copy so I got it. The frame is pretty nice and so is the mat. I wanted to put it on my frame wall, but that means it has to have a black element to fit in nicely. However, because the mat has a gold accent I had to keep some of the gold on the frame.

I took the part I didn't want painted, taped it, and sprayed the rest black with a gloss coat. I was pleased with how it came out... except the stupid tape pulled off some of the shiny silver leaf. I did a little bit of patching with metallic acrylic paint, but admittedly did not put a whole-hearted/walleted effort into it.





Baby Card

Then I did a little hand-lettered card for my friend Ashlee's new little man.

Card:


Little Man:


Adorable!

Bulletin Board

I am back at school now so I am in the midst of setting up my room. I made some fancy accessories for my bulletin board.

Took some regular clipboards...


Painted some modge podge on the clipboards and quickly stuck on some pretty scrapbook paper.



What fancy office supplies! Just as pretty and so much cheaper than the ones at Target. $1.75 each vs. $4!

1 comment: