Sunday, January 22, 2012

I Felt It Move Me

For my birthday K+R gave me some yummy cranberry bread and a mason jar full of felt samples. Last night I was feeling the creative vibe so I decided to try and make a wall hanging out of them. I poured out my squares and did my darnedest to arrange them into a geometric rainbow pattern.
 


Katie says-- "I help?"

Eventually I realized that the combination of colors, rectangles and squares weren't going to arrange into anything attractive--symmetrical or asymmetrical. I decided to cut them up into random shapes to make purple, orange, red, and yellow flowers.



After I laid them out I glued 'em down. I think I'm going to make a vase out of the bluish squares at some point. We'll see though. They look pretty nice without one right now!




No comments:

Post a Comment