Sunday, March 18, 2012

Counting Sheep Shirt

After a weekend of excitement and visiting nothing really got done on the house. I should've been getting ready for school tomorrow, but I had this screen printing project I really wanted to try. Check out the results.

I grabbed a shirt that I didn't mind if I ruined. On me this is an all-too-classy belly shirt only suitable for sleeping at this point. (Note: When I used to wear it in public it was long enough to cover my belly)


I doodled some sheep on contact paper and cut them out with my aging exacto blade. I like some risk in my life.


Then I adhered them to some silky material and stretched it in an embroidery hoop.


I pressed the hoop firmly against the shirt. Then, I put paint blobs above them and squeegeed the paint across with a used iTunes card.


I lifted up the hoop and Voila! Sheep! Now, these sheep were lighter than I expected. Being me, I decided not to test it on other things first. I'm a "trial by fire" sort of girl (if screen printing could be considered fire...) Either I didn't squeegee the paint across enough times or the cloth I was using didn't have large enough holes. I have a feeling is the squeegee one, cause when I've seen other people screen print they go back and forth across the image many times. Granted, it's been since 1st grade since I've seen someone screen print...

I took a paintbrush and when over my sheep so they would stand out more. Here's how they ended up.


No comments:

Post a Comment