Sunday, April 1, 2012

Start of a New Month, Start of a New Project

I think that my resolution of doing a "much better job" posting in March panned out well. It's April now and I hope to keep that momentum going. Today we started working on the Master Bedroom. Even if/when we finish it, we probably won't be moving in any time soon. The blue bathroom has to be finished before we'd relocate from our current green-striped locale. Construction zones are not idea spaces for bedrooms what with all the dust and materials...

Here's what the master looked like a few hours ago...


Ignore the clutter... it's a bit of a dumping ground for us right now.



Close up of the wallpaper, today's attraction.


Shot of the painted "accent wall"--a future attraction.


Once these moldings are caulked and painted they'll look nice. Right now Jeremy thinks we should just get rid of them. I'm all for keeping them since I know they'll look good in the future.


How many doors do you count in this picture? 5?! You're right! At some point the middle door will go away (it's a closet right now) and will give some much needed extra room in the bathroom.


Oh yes... bonus door. 6 doors in this room. One goes to the hall, ones goes to the bathroom, the other 4 are closets of varying sizes.

Well, it'll never look the same again. Here's what we got done today...


During the wallpaper removal process. This is some of the most obnoxious stuff I've done in the house. The outer paper is pretty waterproof, so when you spray the water/fabric softner on it doesn't penetrate. You just end up peeling off the outside and dealing with the papery backing. Most of it comes off with an average amount of scraping.


I did this wall. Did I mention it's that same delightful ceiling blue underneath from last project? Probably took me about an hour and a half. I spent two more hours scraping before I took a break and enlisted help. In an hour we'd finished the long wall (which was about 1/2 way done when we started.)


The center portion of the wall seems to be entirely composed of spackle. We racked our brains trying to figure out why such a thing might occur, but came up with no viable answers.
 


Whew! Looking forward to Election Day on Tuesday so I can get the final wall finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment