Friday, July 22, 2011

Strippin' and Stripin' (wallpaper and paint, that is)


So this is a real project post. Not one that I wrote late at night and didn’t feel like elaborating on (okay, it was 11.42 pm when I wrote this, I'm just posting it next day when comcast is feeling benevolent). So, I realllly wanted something different in the room that we’re going to be using for our room until the master bath is done. I got this sweet quilt that my Gram made that I knew I had to match the room to. Unfortunately my Mom accidentally packed the quilt and took it to Colorado… so that quilt picture will have to make an appearance later. 

Pre-project prep
First, I stripped the wallpaper in the green room. It came off remarkably easily. Kelly dropped by and I’m pretty sure I impressed her with my not-so-impressive wallpaper stripping.
Then I washed the walls and ceiling. We then painted and primed the trim. We got this done in a fairly timely fashion with our teamwork and late nights. Yesterday I painted the walls Palm Breeze (a pale green) and we were ready to go.


 Original room color. The wallpaper is on the wall that you can't see....



Yeah, I spackled that.


Master ceiling painter.





Prime time.


Palm breeze or as Jeremy said "White!" (It's not... it really does look green, most of you with eyes will see that) Heh, just kidding Jeremy! Love you! :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment