Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Treatin' those Windows Right!



While I do like admiring the paint job around the edge of the windows in our room, it's been a year and it's high time we got some real window treatments.




I traversed into the wild world of Dover. I liked these silky, lined, embroidered curtains with leaves on them. Unfortunately those were $32 apiece and that was not happening. Just as I was about to give up and go for some plain, although functional, tan ones I found these! They were embroidered with little flowers and linen lined. Usually they're $20 each, but they were $10 :-)! I got some rods and was ready to install.

I drilled pilot holes and hung up the rods. This entire process went remarkable smoothly.




In the spirit of saving some AC/Heat $, I put some curtains in the future master as well. I just used some old ones that we had from the apartment with rods that came with the house. I had to pick up some extra hanging hardware, but at $.047 each that wasn't a huge dent in the budget. Not a permanent solution, but I'm sure our house guests will enjoy some darkness in the morning.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the personal shout out :) I know it is nothing to do with your beech house, but they do look pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete