Thursday, August 4, 2011

Inspired Post

Okay, so usually when something is "inspired" it's a good thing. I was inspired to write this post about something I HATE about this house. Don't get me wrong, I love lots of parts of this house...

Like our wide staircases,


cool chromed light switches,


 sleeping kitty cats,


and figure eight pattern, which lets you get into every room in multiple ways--three entrances!

But I HATE the blue bathroom, which is our current main bathroom with a shower. I was inspired to write this post because I had to shower due to meeting some friends for lunch tomorrow. I usually love showering and make it a daily habit. Here, I put it off for the following reasons...

The seven thousand shades of blue, which you will note flipping through the pictures.

The scary wallpaper.




The lack of space around the sink. This lack of counter space and mirror in the corner cause you to be unnaturally close to the mirror. Then I can see every possible flaw that probably doesn't need to be addressed. Then I have to stay in the bathroom, all the while getting more grumpy about being there.


The stark lighting.


The small towel rack.


It's awkward layout.


The maroon door trimmed in gold.


The funky mirror medicine cabinet.


The unclean-able grout. I sincerely doubt they used yellow grout. Or dirt grout. Both of these have been scru-ubbbbed.



The blue toilet.


The untameable hot water. It takes several minutes to heat up and then there's no going back. Once you think you've got a tolerable temperature you can shower for a little while, but watch out for the 5 second bursts of scalding water.



The EXTREME LACK OF WATER PRESSURE. This is the kicker. It takes me a full, unexaggerated 20 minutes to shower. I have to comb the soap out of my hair and brush the soap off of my skin to get it come off. I would probably be better off washing my hair in the sink.


We have GOT to get the other bathroom finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment