Tuesday, August 23, 2011

MyGyver Style

We have an interesting curtain situation. We either need an L-Shaped Rod or a long rod that goes all the way across. Since it's a pretty big span, a tension rod isn't really an option. I'd seen these wire curtain holders from Ikea that I was interested in. However, we haven't had the chance to get there since we bought the house and I was hoping to have the shower online before I went back to school. We decided we'd make our own with some materials from Home Depot. The whole project ended up costing $8, so even if we switch over to something else eventually we're not torn up about it.





I was going to shower tonight in the new shower. I tried caulking Sunday but the caulk we got was expired and didn't work. Took at 7.5 hour tubing trip yesterday, so it didn't happen then. Today we got caulk. I was ready to go. Then the caulk gun when crazy and the caulk busted out the back of the tube. Tomorrow we'll try some new caulk and a new caulk gun. I'll just have to take my shower in the blue bathroom tonight *sigh*.

No comments:

Post a Comment