Monday, August 15, 2011

On our way to a shower

Sunday was a busy, busy day. We got cabinets and countertops (sort of... they'll be here in 7 days). We also picked out the backsplash and tub 'round tile.

I started the install on the tub tile right away. The sooner I don't have to shower in the blue bathroom, the better.
So, I started on the back wall. Maybe I should've started in the middle of the middle wall, but I don't care. I decided I was looking for progress, so I started there.








I finished around the tub and decided to stop. It takes a while, so I was ready to sit down and watch some Design Star.

I have an eensy dilemma between the tub and bottom of the tile on the skinny sides. The tile saw refuses to cut the tile long-ways into half inch slabs. When I try the backer on the tile dissolves and the tiles go off in every direction. I think the space is a little too big to fill with caulk. Right now I'm leaning towards one of those decorative tile strips along the base. Bleh. I wish the problem would go away (preferably without the tile just falling off the wall---that would be ideal.) I mean more in the terms of "magically resolving itself" or "elves come and fix it in the night."



I asked Jeremy to take some pictures of the tile. He usually just takes pictures of me smiling sitting in the midst of my work.


1 comment:

  1. Looking good (tile & laura both :) - one step closer to non blue bathroom! I'm sure you tried this already, but if you remove the tile backer can you cut the tile? It's a bit harder to install without the backer (asuming it's the netting kind) but you can use the tile spacers / eye it up to align the pieces. also, hair dryers work wonders on wet backers if it stays together long enough to get it off the saw, not that we'd know. http://madisonsquare.wordpress.com/2010/04/19/learn-from-our-disasters/

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete