Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Slow on the Update

I've been a bit slow on showing progress lately because I finally found/unpacked my camera charger. I couldn't really do anything until my camera had some charge to take some pictures.

We spent a lot of time working on getting the old tub out and the new tub in. The men (also, me) lugged the tub upstairs and spent many hours adjusting the pipes. We still have a very slow leak between the drain and the tub that we're working on, but here's what it looks like so far...






I've already learned a lot that a I didn't know. I made a short list of what I learned from this project. I already feel significantly more knowledgeable about everything plumbing... but adding to zero certainly makes it seem taht way.

1. You should scrape the burrs caused by the pipe cutter so that they don't get in your water system.
2. Some drains need a bushing (I really prefer to call them blushings) to adapt to the size of the tub stopper. 3. You put plumbers putty between the drain stopper and the tub.
4. Trip levers systems are the kind with the stick that you push up to hold the water in the tub.

In other news, the tub's really comfy. I can't WAIT to take a bath!

Project #2
Today I started tiling the floor. I waited until Jeremy got back with some tape for the durock and then started laying the floor. I'm doing it in quarters, just like my research tells me. Here's how it looks so far. I wish I could take the spacers out and show you without--then you could decide if you can see the tile seams or not.




 Me using the tile saw


 Laying the tile







I'm at a stopping point for the night because that little bit took me 3 hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment