Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tile Update

Okay, so the elves didn't solve my problem, but I worked it out. Cutting those little tiles in half proved to difficult/time consuming for me. I am the sole tiler, so I was too frustrated with it to fight with it. Also, I really love my fingers. Anyways, so I got some white, ceramic pencil tiles and fit them in the space. I think they look pretty good. I did have to trim some of them down, but being six inches long I wasn't as afraid to shave the edges off. Plus they were measures easier to cut than the other tiles I've been using.

Here are some pictures from around the tub! Hopefully it'll be grouted tomorrow and I'll be showering in that bathroom in no time!





The other aspects of our bathroom? Well, they're on hold for the time being. I read some reviews online for the sinks we bought and they're all horrible. They say that the sink is poorly designed and doesn't drain all the well--even when installed properly leveled. Luckily they've just been ordered and haven't arrived at the store yet. We can return them before we take them home. Only problem is now we've got to find new white sink tops :-/. Well? Maybe we'll consider a solid countertop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment